We all love to crochet and when we have a special month to celebrate our passion it’s a win-win!
Can you think back to the moment you fell in love with crochet? Was it when you saw a finished project someone crocheted and you wanted to make it too? Or were you captured by the color of a beautiful yarn when you happened to wander down the yarn aisle at your local craft store? Perhaps it was when you made those first few stitches and felt the yarn running through your fingers as you learned to crochet?
Crochet can be a companion during quiet moments when we want to relax and de-stress. We can take our crochet with us to fill the time while waiting for appointments or it can add to the fun of a social occasion when we get together with our friends at our weekly crochet group.
For most of us, crochet has become an extension of who we are and we find the art and craft of crochet to be fulfilling, rewarding and just plain fun!
My challenge to you this month is to share your love of crochet.
- Teach a friend or a group of friends to crochet.
- Share your love of crochet with the next generation and offer to teach a group of school children.
- Offer to teach a shut-in or person going through medial treatments as a way to relieve stress and promote healing.
- Crochet up some hats or scarves and leave them in a public place with a note saying people are welcome to take if they are in need.
- Consider crocheting a look-alike doll for children battling cancer or other illnesses or crochet a hat or blanket for a preemie in need of some extra warmth and love.
- Crochet a gift for someone special. You’ll find some great small projects in the Make It In A Day feature in the latest issue of Crochet World.
I hope you can find a way to share your love of crochet with someone. Leave a comment here and tell me how you celebrated National Crochet Month!