Talking Crochet Newsletter
Views & How-tos
I Love Yarn Day: Oct. 12
Launching its second annual I Love Yarn Day on Oct. 12, 2012, this celebration of yarn offers crocheters and needle workers of all types a great opportunity to not only show their love of yarn but also make a contribution to their communities. The Craft Yarn Council (CYC) represents the leading yarn companies, accessory manufacturers, magazine and book publishers, and consultants in the yarn industry. For more than 25 years, the Council has sponsored a wide range of fun and educational programs such as the popular Knit-Out & Crochet events.
Of course, we "love" yarn every day, but Oct. 12 is a special day for crocheters everywhere to confirm their passion! Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Teach a young person to crochet. There is no greater gift, experienced or novice, we can crochet for someone else
- Wear crochet. Be a walking fashion show; it always impresses those who don't know how stylish crochet can be!
- Make a yarn badge. Patterns designed by well-known crocheters are free on the I Love Yarn Day website: ILoveYarn.com
- Take your yarn to work. Catch a moment to crochet!
- Re-gift some yarn to a friend. One person's trash is another's treasure!
- Have a Yarn-a-bration party. It could turn into a Crochet Guild chapter!